Network problems with opensuse 12.3 RC2
[Update: It turns out that the release note mention this, and explain how to switch between “ifup” and “NetworkManager”]
It looks as if there is a problem with the network configuration for RC2.
- My first install was for a desktop system, using the DVD installer. That went fine.
- My second install was for a laptop, using the DVD installer (32bit). I had network problem.
- My third install was for a desktop system using the live KDE image. The install was fine, but the network is not as it should be.
So here’s the situation, best I can tell.
- If you install with the DVD image, then your network will be using “ifup” settings. And Yast will not switch to NetworkManager.
- If you install using the live KDE image (probably also applies to live Gnome), then your network will be using NetworkManager settings, and Yast will not switch it to “ifup”.
Some more details of this can be found in:
Hopefully, this will be fixed for the final release.